Our guest this week is Joe Britt, CEO of Afero who is on the show to talk about securing IoT devices and the work his company has done with Home Depot. The home improvement retailer chose Afero to build out its custom app to control HomeDepot-branded products such as light bulbs, fans, and more. Britt explains what Home Deport was looking for and what he's learned from his experience in the last eight years of working with IoT products. Britt, who was a founder of Danger, lays out the ways IoT platforms differ from traditional computing platforms and explains what companies with unsecured devices should do with them. Enjoy the show.
- Hosts: Stacey Higginbotham and Kevin Tofel
- Guest: Joe Britt, CEO of Afero
- Sponsors: Somfy and Pantacor
- How the EU is tackling the competitive barriers caused by data concentration
- Investing in security can improve the bottom line
- How to rethink subscriptions for connected hardware
- How Home Depot's smart home strategy has changed
- What should we do with older insecure devices?